1. Ship your item as described...When you make a sale, the buyer commits to purchase the item as described. Disclose all relevant details about the item to be sure the buyer knows exactly what they will be getting.
- Accurately describe the item — including condition, flaws, color and size.
- Take good photos — the more the better.
- Package the item with care — so it arrives in the same condition as when it was shipped.
2. ...within 3 business days...Ship the item within 3 business days. Be sure to confirm shipment in the app. Note: The buyer can cancel the transaction if the item is not shipped on time.
3. ...following our terms and conditionsWe do have a bunch of things that may not be sold on Mercari (Prohibited Items). This includes things you don’t own. Illegal things like drugs, weapons and counterfeit items. And things that are not safe to ship (like flammable items). Note: Items that violate our Terms of Service are not covered by the Seller Payment Guarantee.
Ship with confidence. Shipments using Mercari prepaid labels include Shipping Protection up to $200 for items that are lost or damaged in transit.
Getting PaidOnce the carrier informs us that the item has been delivered:
Buyers have three days (3) to review the item and rate it after it is received. If they rate the item, you will have funds added to your balance and you can withdraw right away. The majority of the time this works great.
Something not right? We’re here for you.
If there is an issue with the item or delivery, the buyer can open a claim. If the item is not as described, damaged or has other problems we may contact you with next steps to resolve the matter including requesting more information such as tracking or receipts. We will try to work with you to resolve the matter. Buyers and sellers on Mercari are real people. They are not retailers and most are not professionals..We appreciate that there will be cases where things do not go right and we will try to help resolve this including having items returned or helping with shipping claims when needed. Our support team is available to answer any questions.