Seller protection. See how we protect our sellers.
Terms of service
MERCARI GG TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter "Terms") apply to the acceptance of you as a Mercari GG participant to utilize Mercari to buy or sell in-game digital items associated with specific games supported by Mercari which allow trading via open platforms. Except as specifically allowed by these Terms, you will continue to be subject to all other terms and conditions within Mercari's general Terms of Service, including the Prohibited Items and Prohibited Conduct policies respectively.
The Mercari GG program ("GG Program") is in beta and Mercari may choose to terminate the Mercari GG program at any time and/or cancel any transactions in process. As part of our GG Program you agree to assume any and all risks related to your participation in the GG Program, including, a potential violation of any applicable gaming platform Subscriber Agreement(s), individual game End User License Agreements ("EULA"), but not limited to, termination of your gaming platform account, termination of your EULA to a game, or loss of any digital items associated with your gaming platform account(s). Your participation in the GG Program may be terminated due to breach of these Terms or the Mercari Terms ofServices. Unless specifically allowed by these Terms, in the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Mercari Terms of Service, the Mercari Terms of Service shall apply.
Verification Requirements: Due to the nature of the items being sold in the GG Program, all GG accounts must complete additional verification requirements to be eligible to buy or sell:
● Have a verified email address
● Have a registered credit card on file before buying or listing
● Have verified identity by providing a US driver's license or US government issued ID prior to withdrawing payment via Direct Deposit or InstantPay
● Have a verified gaming account linked to your Mercari GG account.
Listing Requirements: Digital content from games must follow certain requirements to be listed on the GG Marketplace:
● You must list your digital item from a PC
● To list items you must sync your gaming account with your Mercari account and set your inventory to public
● At this time, only in-game digital content from supported games is eligible to be listed on the GG platform. No UGC or other content is eligible for listing
● During beta, items are limited to $500 or less in value
Ratings and Delivery Confirmation: In order to process transactions between buyer and seller certain steps must be completed by the buyer and seller:
● After the item has been transferred within the gaming platform, the buyer must confirm the trade in Mercari and rate the transaction to release funds to the Seller
● The seller must send a trade request using the Trade URL provided by the buyer. The seller must verify the item is correct then accept the trade offer and click on “Received” on their order status
● Once you have clicked on “Received” the buyer must rate the seller. Once the seller leaves a rating the transaction will be complete
● Mercari does not process returns for any item purchased on the Mercari GG marketplace after the transaction is completed
Fees for GG Program transactions:
● GG Program is subject to a 10% selling fee and 2.9% + $0.30 payment processing fee. During the beta test, fees may be waived.
● Shipping fees are not applicable to digital items
● Buyers are responsible for paying any associated sales tax which will be added to the total amount at the time of checkout
Funds Availability: Access to your balance and availability of funds from Mercari GG transactions is different as follows:
● After the transfer completes, the funds from the sale will be held in a pending balance for 7 days. After the 7 day hold, the funds may be used to make purchases on Mercari GG or on Mercari.com
● Funds may also be transferred to a linked bank account via ACH or to a debit card via InstantPay
● Your balance may be used to fund payments or money owed to Mercari such as payments owed for refunds or chargebacks. You are liable and agree to indemnify Mercari for all claims, expenses, fines and liability we incur arising out of:
○ a chargeback, refund, over-payment, payment error, or other invalid payment (collectively “Invalidated Payment”);
○ any error, negligence, misconduct or fraud by you, your employees, or someone acting on your behalf; and
● any losses resulting from your failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement.Note: returns are not applicable for digital items